Monday, July 03, 2006

ply a little tenderness.

welcome back friends.
first and foremost, today is a sad day. charis, aka c-dawg-knit - by far the most active and dedicated member of this blog - has left the west coast to persue her dreams in the big apple. after a frenzied week of packing boxes upon boxes of shoes and yarn and handbags, charis has up and left us...though don't be afraid, dear readers - i am counting on her to continue to motivate me to knit, laugh and watch cheesey movies - even from the east coast.

charis, i and the rest of the west coast will miss you. lots.

in honor of charis persuing her dreams, i have learned how to ply yarn.
first i spun this:


some wonderful camel-colored corriedale from Weavers Oaks in Novato, CA.

and then i plied it:


and now i'm knitting it up into the blanket from this book




i hope this doesn't turn into wedding blanket part two...

2 Comments:

Blogger superbon said...

MC Crochet,

I too am sad that C-Dawg is leaving the West Coast-but so happy that she will be joining us East Coasters. Love the yarn -nice plying. I am putting my felted handbags on hold for the weekend & picking up my socks for my trip out west-Avon Walk here I come!

4:28 PM  
Blogger c-dawg-knit said...

mags, i'm so impressed! yarn (and blanket) looks awesome. you'll be happy to know that my yarn - both boxes of it - did finally arrive on the east coast. phew.

also - i got an apartment!! yay! i'm going to post with pics later today.

7:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home