Saturday, February 11, 2006

Wonder Girl Knits

The Argyle Combined Event

My event has begun and so far all is well. i started my argyle event last night. spent most of the opening ceremonies tying up loose ends. You would not believe the mess I was in. I guess I need to explain...my Olympic Event is to FINISH the Men's Argyle sweater that I started for "my guy" in 1983!! I discovered the neglected knitting bag in the attic and decided this was to be my challenge. So after many hours of untangling yarn, tying off loose ends & enlarging the chart so I could see it I have finally begun to actual KNIT! I'm sitting here watching the Nordic Combined Event and have completed two rows. The sweater is a beauty-it's a good thing "my guy" didn't gain any weight over the past 23 years.

Also wanted to let everyone know I had a great time last Monday night with some very talented ladies-I'll blog more about that later-need to knit now-but I can say that one of those ladies was THE HARLOT and we can't thank her enought for this KNitting Olympic Experience.

1 Comments:

Blogger c-dawg-knit said...

go superbon! i can't wait to see pictures. i've started but it's going really really slow. ugh. hopefully once i get past the twisted bit it will speed up.

3:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home