Saturday, February 11, 2006

let the insanity begin

here we are, day two of the knitting olympics ... and i'm already behind! aaah! somehow, despite the fact that i've known the knitting olympics were starting at 2p yesterday for, oh, about a month, i forget to get the needles i needed. whoopsie. but i made a frantic run to the store this morning and got all the necessary supplies. so a mere twenty-four hours after the official beginning of the k.o., my personal insanity is beginning. bring. it. on.

i'm not sure why maggie thinks we can hold out on the drunken knitting olympics until day 7. at the rate i'm going, i'll be there by tomorrow.

more later. right now, i need to figure out what twisted stockinette stitch is.

3 Comments:

Blogger MC Crochet said...

i'm about three inches in on the cuff. i started last night - after three glasses of wine. whoops. it took me maybe seven times to count my cast-on stitches...getting a different number each time. i guess we def. didn't last until day seven.

1:29 PM  
Blogger c-dawg-knit said...

dude. i'm SCREWED. i've been knitting for an hour and a half and have only finished four rounds (admittedly of 196 stitches each, but still). i think that i hate twisted stockinette. i also think i need a longer circular.

3:05 PM  
Blogger Knot Another Hat said...

C-dawg -thanks for the comment. Did you get past the facing today? My (secret) goal was to get to the pocket join round (#52) before the end of the day, but I don't think I'll make it. I have no idea why I thought I could knit this thing in 16 days. Post a pic when you get a chance!

4:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home