Thursday, January 19, 2006

in training.

so the training has begun. charis and i have decided to partake in the harlot's olympic knitting event. 16 days to push yourself to create something amazing out of wool. something that is great. something that is a challenge. something warm.
i have decided to take on this:



Grace by Debbie Bliss. I am still in the midst of figuring out how to afford all of the yarn that all those cables are going to take. I think I have decided on Cascade - but not on the color. Suggestions?
The reason this is a big challenge for me is a couple of reasons.
1. SWEATER. I have succesfully finished ONE sweater. Hmm...
2. CABLES. I have never made a cable. The first time I met the yarlot, she taught me how to cable on a sock without a cable needle, but i don't remember. Now every book I read uses a cable needle. Hmmm...
3. CAST-ON. Supposedly there is some special cast-on for this sweater (still don't have the pattern, so don't know the specifics) and it took one knitter/blogger over an HOUR to cast on just the back of the sweater. Hmm...
4.TIME. My first sweater took six months and now I have agreed to knit one in 16 days. Hmm...
5. COLLARS. Hmm...

Ok, so more than a few reasons that this will be a challenge.

In other news I AM SPINNING. I am addicted to spinning on my new Ashford and although my yarn is incredibly uneven - I am proud of it. So proud of it that I brought it out with me on Saturday night to a house party. When conversation lulled, I presented everyone with my yarn. They didn't really get it...and I repeated MY yarn. My fellow knitters were incredibly supportive and excited - and others were just confused.
Hmm...

1 Comments:

Blogger c-dawg-knit said...

you can do it! gooooooo mags! i do have my pattern, and it's 19 pages long. i'm scared.

3:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home