Monday, September 12, 2005

These boots were made for walkin'



  • And I guess that's just what I'm gonna have to do. I did it. I agreed to walk 60 miles (I think) next July in support of Breast Cancer Awareness. I guess I signed up for a couple of reasons - I realize that this is an epidemic that needs to be stopped, that every three minutes a woman in the US finds out that she has breast cancer, that we need to find a cure, we need to slow this thing down. But as I headed out on my four mile walk today - I also realize that there are other reasons I signed up as well. I realize that walking is actually alot like knitting. You are on your own out there - contemplating, meditating, pondering, wandering, relaxing. Now I know that knitting cables on size 2 dpns is not exactly relaxing or gives you much time to ponder the larger meaning of life...but I do believe that all of us knit because it makes us slow down, take a breather from this fast paced world and give the time back to ourselves. I think (and maybe I will change my mind after 60 miles in two days) that walking may be able to work the same way. I'll let you know.

    I finished my shrug. Will upload a photo tomorrow - because I can't find my camera cord! Ah.

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home