Tuesday, May 31, 2005

You spin me right round baby, right round.

So, over the nice long weekend, I unravelled a sweater.
An off-white cotton/acrylic blend, GAP roll-neck small, bought on Friday at my local thrift store for 5$.
So...when I began the unravelling, I was a bit miffed. I was cutting and cutting and cutting little tiny threads on the seams from the BOTTOM of the sweater...to little avail. After an hour, I had unravelled about an inch of yarn. This was not really worth it.
THEN ... i decided to charge from the TOP of the sweater. After snipping a few threads, i pulled and whhishhhh...the entire seam came out in one pull! THEN i began to pull from the neck and oooh how fast it went. A very large skein of white beautiful cotton yarn within minutes.
All in all (with my mistakes included) I think it took me about 2 and a half hours to unravel. Was it worth it? I have yet to decide (i will when i begin the knitting) but I do know that I actually learned alot about stitches - how they are connected and unconnected. I think that any beginner knitter should unravel a sweater - I think it helps in the freak-out factor when you drop a stitch, gives you a much better understanding of knits and purls and also how a sweater might get sewn together.
all in all...good stuff.

1 Comments:

Blogger superbon said...

MC Crochet-curious as to what you're going to make with that yummy cotton yarn. Keep us posted!-

5:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home