Friday, May 13, 2005

Ok, so I'm not sure how this works but . . .

I saw the first post, and responded with a short comment, I think it worked, at least I can read my comment when I log on - don't know if anyone else can.

My biggest news is that I just finished my first felted project!!!! I couldn't be more excited. I made the most adorable (if I do say so myself) felted slippers for Henry. He will love them, if I ever relent and let him put them on. I am also pleased with myself because I think I gauged the size just about right. They are still a little big, but as they can't be worn in the summer, I think they will fit perfectly next fall.

During the felting process I was very nervous because one slipper was felting to a smaller size than the other. But in a last ditch effort, I felted the bigger slipper one more time, and voila, a matching pair. Pleased. As. Punch.

Needless to say my coworkers were sufficiently impressed and amazed as I was regaled with a lot of "you made that? it doesn't even look like it was knit!" I have no shame; I basked in the glory of the compliments showered upon my knitting project.

People are inspired, borrowing patterns from me left and right. The bug is catching, soon our quest to take over the world will be realized U-Haaaahaaahaaahaaaa!

So, I'm suffering from withdrawal. After a flurry of projects, (a hat for Lucy, a blanket for baby Reese, a blanket for Annabelle, a sweater and slippers for Henry, a sleeveless turtleneck for myself - not quite finished) I don't know what to do next.

Pam and I went to the Maryland Sheep and Wool Festival last weekend: - this is Henry wanting to grab that lamb's ear and chew on it. And for a most glorious Mother's Day gift, Pam bought me the most gorgeous yarn from the Brooks Farm tent. It is burning a hole in the basket I keep my yarn in, just dying for me to make something with it. But I'm torn, it is so lovely, I need to find the perfect pattern for it. I'm thinking socks with one of the skeins, but I need to go out and get sock needles, preferably the ones that the Harlot raves about.

Until then, I will buckle down and read the Harlot's newest book "At Knit's End: Meditations for Women Who Knit Too Much", (which I failed to have signed when I had the chance, I'm an idiot and forgot it at home, when practically the whole point was to bring it to Sheep and Wool to get it signed (ok, not the whole point)) surely it will inspire me.

On another note, I'm new to this blog thing. What is the etiquette here? Like when I mention the Harlot, should I create a link to her blog? Should I ask permission before doing so? It would seem appropriate to seek permission, but I don't know, don't you want as many hits as you can get? Thoughts?

Finally, I tried to blog a photo - did it work?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home